Saturday, March 5, 2011

Last People


I’ve been working on a new project lately. Probably the biggest single photography project I’ve attempted, ever. The crazy thing is, it’s an idea that’s run through my head that I’ve been actively working on without running on to the next idea that comes along, for a month now! In my book, that’s a really long time to stick with a single idea. It may be working so well because it’s such a cool idea.

The concept is the story of the last people on earth after a global apocalypse. I’ll tell the story of the last surviving humans through a series of photos. Now, that’s about the only part of this project that hasn’t changed to some degree since I originally thought of this project. Ask me on any two separate days to describe this project to you, and you’ll get two different answers.

The photos will focus mainly on the people. I want to show their emotions, their thoughts, their memories, what is and was important to them. I want to tell the story of each individual character, and somehow tie it all together in a bigger overarching story of the apocalypse and the last bits of humanity. Maybe this project will connect with somebody, maybe we’ll stop and think a bit about our own mortality. Or maybe it’ll be something to point and laugh at, I have no idea. But it’s underway. Eta is a while. Don’t expect a lot of previews. But it’ll get done, and it’ll be interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment